Beginning the 2017-2018 school year, any child who enrolls in Kindergarten in the state of Kentucky must be 5 years old by August 1st. (Policy 09.121)
If you are interested in applying for Early Entrance to Kindergarten for your child, please read the information below to understand the application, testing and recommendation process. Please click the link at the bottom of the page to apply online or feel free to pick up a paper application at the Bullitt County Board of Education.
All applications for Early Entrance to Kindergarten must be completed and submitted no later than April 1st.
Early Enrollment Procedures
(Procedure 09.121. AP.21)
- Parent/guardian completes the Application for Early Entrance to Kindergarten (online or paper application)
- Parent/guardian must sign and return consent form to give permission for child to be assessed for early entrance to Kindergarten
- A screening will be scheduled AFTER completed application is received no later than April 1st and consent for testing signed by parent/guardian
- The screening will include the Brigance Assessment and a school/mental ability assessment given by certified district staff
- Parent/guardian will be notified of screener results
- If a child scores at the 95%ile or higher on screeners THEN a standardized achievement test will be scheduled and given by certified district staff
- If a child does not score at the 95%ile or higher on screeners, then the child will not be eligible for further testing and early entrance
- Parent/guardian will be notified of the standardized achievement test results
- A child MUST score at the 95%tile or higher to be considered for Early Entrance
- A committee will review application and assessment data to determine recommendation status (recommend or not recommend) to the Board of Education for Early Entrance to Kindergarten
- Parent/guardian will be sent a final statement of their child's recommendation status for early entrance
Application for Early Entrance to Kindergarten
If you have further questions, please call 869-8000.
Kentucky Department of Education Early Entrance Information