Think before you SHARE
Exercise caution with student and personal information.
PDF Information Flyer
- Use strong passwords by combining uppercase, lowercase,
- numbers and special characters with at least 8 characters in length.
- Change your passwords frequently
- Lock your desktop or laptop computer every time you step away
- Do not give your password to students, subs, or anyone
- Teachers - log off computers before allowing students to use them
- Don’t put your username or password of any programs on your monitor or near your computer in classrooms
- Avoid using flash or thumb drives. (If you must use them, use Windows Bitlocker to encrypt the data.)
- Substitute Google Drive for a flash/thumb drive. (It’s free, available anywhere in the world, and your BCPS account provides you unlimited storage.)
- Exercise caution when submitting data to websites (Does it meet the test for PII?).
- If you have a district laptop, do not store any PII on the local hard drive.
- If you are on public WiFi, do not access data that has sensitive or PII data. Wait until you are on a secure network (BCPS or at home).
- Avoid saving data in too many locations (Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, Flash/Thumb Drives, etc.)
KDE Best Practices Data Security Guide